Monday 23 September 2019

Europe trip part 22

Wednesday 18 September

Today we went on a train to Pisa. On the train dad, mum, granny and I played Uno all the way there. Granny somehow won! The train took 1.30 hours to arrive at Pisa Centrale.

When we got out of the train station, we got a taxi and headed for the leaning tower which was built between 1174 and 1350. It leaned because the ground under the tower started to sink. The tower is also famous for the experiments that Galileo did to prove gravity. He did this by dropping balls from the top of the tower and seeing which ones hit the ground first. In the 1990’s the tower was closed as they had to straighten it up by 38cm in order to stabilize the leaning.

We then hopped on a horse and carriage ride for a trip around the city. It was a bit of a squash because we had to fit 5 people in. I was a bit grumpy but then I cheered up when we had Subway for lunch, plus I got another football top – a Ronaldo one this time which I have worn heaps already! We then headed home on the train, had a swim in the pool and watched “Coach Carter” after tea.









No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post