Monday 23 September 2019

Europe trip part 20

Monday 16th September

Today we left Donnini 3 days early because it was a nightmare! The house was like a cave as it had no proper lighting, just floor lamps, so it was very dark especially the lounge. The beds were very uncomfortable beds. As well, there was a barking dog annoying everyone all night long, crazy robot music and a baby crying all time – no sleep at all. Luckily, we were able to rearrange the following two bookings so that we could go to Cinque Terre early and stay a little longer.

On the way we stopped in Lucca and had a little walk around. We saw there was a massive wall surrounding the old part of the city, just like Arezzo. We stopped for lunch at a café and had a delicious pizza and then looked around the old walled city. It was hot so granny and granpa had to walk slowly.

After a couple of hours, we set off again for Sestri Levante which is on the Ligurian coast. This is close to the famous village attractions of Cinque Terre. Tonight, we had dinner at a restaurant with a view of the beach and watched the sunset.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post