Monday 9 September 2019

Europe trip part 11

Monday 2nd September 

Today we said goodbye to Iain, Michelle and Connor and set off for Slovenia. It was quite a long drive so we took the motorway twice we drove in a storm which had thunder and lighting and heavy rain which was quite scary as visibility was hard due to the rain and spray. After 2 hours driving south, we stopped in Graz to stretch our legs and have lunch. I had a really good burger. After lunch we had a good look around the city and mum bought herself a new watch as the clasp on her old one was broken.

We then continued driving to our accommodation of Ljubljana, which is the capital city of Slovenia, where we stayed for 2 nights. After dinner we went for a walk around the neighborhood to find out what the horrible smell was. It was drying sweet corn – there is sweet corn everywhere in Europe.

Tuesday 3rd September

Today we drove to Bled to go rafting. Before that we walked around and saw the lake and the church on an island. We did a 30min walk around parts of the lake then we went to have lunch on the lake front. I had a delicious ham and cheese sandwich. We then got picked up and headed off to the rafting start point. We got suited up with wet suits and booties then we were off on the river on our raft with only foot straps to keep us in! It was a 13km long trip on the river Sava Dolinka.


 We shared the rafting with a nice couple from Belgium. Part way down we did body surfing in the 12 degree river - I was an icicle after I got out. I then did a 250m zip line across the river twice to end the trip which was fun. We had spaghetti and chicken for dinner and then I chilled out on the couch whilst mum organized the packing again!




3 comments:

  1. I bet it was hard to say goodbye to your family. Did you enjoy your time with them?

    What was Slovenia like? Is it like New Zealand filled with hills, nature and beautiful views? Also why is there sweet corn? What do they use it for?

    Body surfing sounds like so much fun, I am sure the kids in our class would love to try that. I bet it was freezing though!

    I hope you helped your mum pack! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the company, Sloveinia was not really like NZ because there was lots of rubbish and grafitti,Um... totaly
    not

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Max
    I would love to go there it looks fun
    what was your best bit?
    by Cameron from lochiel school

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post