Saturday 21 September 2019

Europe trip part 17

Wednesday 11th September

Today we had our first chill day in three weeks! I caught up on a few days of my holiday diary then Dad and I went in to the pool to do catches with the handball and to have a few games of Marco Polo. We were in for over 2 hours.

After that, I came in and finished the rest of my holiday diary, then we went for a walk in the neighbourhood (called Lazio) where we are staying. We had yummy spaghetti and meatballs for dinner and strawberries for dessert. It was nice just to stop for a day and chill out. Mum started packing later on as we are heading to Tuscany tomorrow.

Thursday 12th September

Today we set of for Donnini which is in Tuscany. I was stuck in the middle seat between granny and granpa for two and a half hours. We stopped in Chiusi for a very posh lunch (we thought we were getting sandwiches!) I got spinach and ricotta dumplings in a sage butter, then I got a plate full of beef which had been cooked in a wood burning oven. It was a little bit smoky but delicious, to finish I shared a tasting plate of ice cream with mum. The one with olive oil and pepper was a little strange!


After another hour and a half, we reached Donnini. The gravel road up to the house was really bumpy and steep and caused mum to spin out! After we unpacked, dad and I had a long swim and a game of Marco Polo. After dinner we watched Cars 3 – this was the only time the TV worked for Netflix which was a bit weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post