Saturday 14 September 2019

Europe trip part 14

Saturday 7th September

Today we drove to Lazio which is in Rome. We stopped at a little shopping mall and had lunch as well as getting a new tablet, because dad broke mine. We also went shopping in the supermarket, Carrefour, for food. When we got to the house we put all the shopping away then dad and I went into the pool. After we got out of the pool, granny and granpa flew in from Scotland and that was a happy ending to my day as I was pleased to see them.

Sunday 8th September Today we caught the metro from Laurentina and went into the city centre to look around. Our stop took us right in front of the Colosseum which was amazing. We bought tickets for the tour then we got lunch, I got a Margarita pizza which was nice. The café toilets were stinky and not very clean – this is quite common unfortunately.

After lunch we jumped on the hop on hop off bus and we got off at the Spanish steps. There are 174 steps that connect the Trinita dei Monti church at the top and the Piazza di Spagna at the bottom. We walked down them after taking photos at the top, which is one of the highest viewpoints in Rome.

Then we walked to the Trevi Fountain which was spectacular – it was covered mythical figures and wild horses. There were hundreds of people taking photos and following the tradition of throwing a coin in to ensure their return to Rome one day. I threw a coin in, over 3,000 euros get thrown in every day.


By this point we were all hot and bothered so we walked back to the bus stop which wasn’t easy to find and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post