Monday 9 September 2019

Europe trip part 10

Sunday 1st September

 After breakfast we jumped into Uncle Iain’s car and went to the central parking garage in Vienna. We walked around and saw these amazing old buildings. We walked through the main old part and saw the City Hall, the House of music and the Opera House.

We also saw the Danube river which flows through the middle of Vienna. It is the longest river in Europe and crosses many countries. There was lots of horse and carriage rides available but Connor said they were too smelly, so we did the Hop on Hop off bus instead.

 We went on the red line first which was by far the most interesting. We saw the City Hall, the House of Music and the Opera House as well as the Hofburg Museum. I had a tomato and Mozzarella pannini, we then did the hop on hop off bus in 2 different areas - these weren’t quite as interesting, but we did see the palace and got a feel for the rest of the city.

 After a long and hot day, we headed home and had dinner at a lovely Greek restaurant - I had a chicken kebab it was yummy. We then had a nice ice cream at a local Gelato shop, it was fantastic!






2 comments:

  1. Vienna seems beautiful! It is on my bucket-list to visit one day! What was your favourite place to see/visit in Vienna?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post