Saturday 21 September 2019

Europe trip part 18



Friday 13th September

Today we drove to Florence and the traffic was chaos! Florence is a famous city in Tuscany and millions of people visit each year. Today was incredibly busy and the pavements were packed with tourists.

After we finally found a carpark building, we took a tram into the middle of the city. We were heading for the world famous Duomo, which is the main catholic cathedral. We had lunch first then walked through some street markets where I eyed up a football top that I wanted. Then we walked through a piazza (square) and finally turned a corner to see an amazing sight – the Duomo was absolutely stunning The church was massive.

It had really cool detail, sculptures, paintings and colours. It had 3 big domes and a big bell tower with a viewing platform on top. It was a 450 step climb to the top. Dad saw a man who had done the climb and he looked really sweaty and tired. There was so many people waiting for tickets to then only queue to get into the church, that we decided to just enjoy the view from the outside.

We spent some time in the markets and Mum bought me a small football and football top of Mbappe's number and club so I was happy.

It was so hot (33 degrees) that we decided that a shady place for something to eat and drink would be good. Granny bought me a massive piece of cake! We then caught a taxi back to the car park and drove home again through the crazy traffic!

Once home it was time for a long swim to cool off and get ready for dinner. After that, Mum and I went for a nice walk up the hill behind the house we were staying in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post