Monday 9 September 2019

Europe trip part 7

Thursday 29th August Today we are going to visit Hitler’s second headquarters, which he bizarrely only visited 14 times, called the Eagles Nest.

We had to drive 40 minutes to the bottom of the Berchtesgaden mountain then we hopped on a bus which was a convoy of 5 because it was a steep and windy road. When we got off the bus we looked over the edge – it was a long way down.

When we first got off the bus we had to walk through a long, damp tunnel then we got on a lift that took us to the top. Unfortunately the weather turned very quickly and it began to thunder, then we got lightning flashes. Due to the horrible weather, which was like pea soup, we had to stay inside so we decided to have lunch. I had a ham and cheese toastie which was delicious and we ate in what was Hitler’s main meeting room.

When we got back down the mountain we drove to have a look around Salzburg. Luckily the weather cleared up in the afternoon.


 On our walk about we saw Mozart’s house where he was born. He was a famous composer of classical music. We then went into the famous Salzburg Cathedral - the man made carvings were amazing and the frescoes were absolutely stunning. We walked around and admired the old buildings and saw a bridge full of padlocks which symbolises peoples love for each other as they lock the padlock and throw away the key into the river.

After admiring the wonderful sights, we then had a yummy Indian for dinner. When we went home, we played another round of Uno - mum won one and dad won one.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Max,

    How amazing that you got to visit a place full of so much history. What was it like being in Hilter's meeting room?

    Mozart, wow! I am so jealous of all the history that you are seeing.

    I hope you are having a wonderful time!

    Miss Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi max i love your stuf you post you are so luke

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post