Monday 23 September 2019

Europe trip part 21

Tuesday 17 September

Today we headed off on a ferry to 5 different regions of Cinque Terre. We travelled 1 hour south to see the last of the villages called Riomaggiore, then we turned around and sailed past Manarola and Corniglia before docking at the second village called Vernazza.

After getting off the boat we walked through the harbor which was jam packed with tourists! The buildings were very run down, most had plaster missing or crumbling which was sad to see – I think the humidity makes it difficult to maintain them.

We eventually found somewhere that offered something other than pizza and pasta - I had bacon and egg but the bacon was very burnt!

We then went up to a derelict castle where we took some nice photos of the beach and ocean. After an hour we went back on the ferry and sailed to Monterosso, the last village. Dad and I walked through a tunnel which lead to a big beach and I went swimming!

The current was so strong it pulled me towards the waves and… BOOM the wave hit me and exploded me upside down - it hurt, plus the water was very salty.

 We spent two hours in the sea then after dad and I got changed we treated ourselves to a nice gelato. I got caramel and chocolate which was delicious.









We then went back home and had dinner. I had a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post