Monday 9 September 2019

Europe trip part 12

Wednesday 4th September

 After we packed the car, we looked around Ljubljana. We crossed the Ljubljana river then we went to the castle to learn about the history and some battles. I saw a suit of armor and then the more modern chainmail suits that protected the soldiers in the olden days. It must have been very heavy and uncomfortable to wear in battle!

The castle was restored through the effort of a local man who also helped rebuild lots of different castles in Slovenia. This is due to the owners removing the roof to avoid paying taxes a long time ago. We also walked into the St George’s chapel and discovered a man doing calligraphy so we got some book marks made for us with our names on it.

 We then walked down the hill and went into a market. We got a lovely lunch and set off to just across the border in Italy, where we stayed in a village called Aiella de Fruili with Marcello and his lovely wee dog Argo for one night. After we arrived I straight away cuddled Argo and dived into the pool I spent 2 hours in the pool jumping and diving about.

Then we went to a guitar recital from a local musician. He was really good. Afterwards, we went back to the house and had a yummy dinner - I had Ragu pasta, mum had tomato soup and dad had the same as me. We also had homemade bread, plus tomatoes and zuchinni from Marcello’s garden. Dad said that the tomatoes were lovely! And Marcello offered us a nice glass of white wine. We ate dinner Italian style - at 9:00pm!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post