Thursday 24 October 2019

Europe trip part 36

Thursday 18 October

 Today we said goodbye to Erin, Declan and Heather as they were going home to Edinburgh. We were heading back north to France and had a long drive ahead of us to the city of Toulouse, which was 4 hours away.

Toulouse is famous for a good rugby team and is the home to the company that makes the Airbus aircraft. We had a few problems getting into our apartment as the owner had a flat tyre but eventually it worked out and we got settled in for the night.

Our GPS took us to a village about 14km away from where we should have been which was also a bit of a drama! Friday 19 October We left Toulouse this morning for another long day in car.

This time we are headed northwest to the coastal area of La Rochelle, which is about 4.5 hours away. By now we have driven over 8,000 km in our trusty Peugeot 5008. We actually stayed in a little village called Saint-Soulle which is 8km away from La Rochelle.

 It wasn’t the best of weather but we headed into the town anyway, parked the car and went for a walk around the port. There were plenty of castles and churches and the footpaths around the shops were covered with porticos (like some of the places in Italy).

 We stopped at a restaurant and I had a delicious chocolate crepe which I ate in very small mouthfuls. This was my first real solid food for days so my mouth was slowly getting better.









We then walked some more and Dad and I got a haircut. After that it was dark and late so we picked up some food at the supermarket and headed home for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post