Saturday 5 October 2019

Europe trip part 25

Monday 23 September

 Today it was raining so I caught up on my blog in the morning. It cleared up after lunch so dad, mum and I drove into Stresa and went up the Mottarone gondola.

We went part of the way up then had to change to another gondola which took us the rest of the way. When we got out, we were 1500 m above sea level and were greeted by a group of donkeys which was quite bizzare! We then walked 5 mins to the chairlift which took us to the Alpyland toboggan. It was 1.2 kilometers long, with lots of turns and loopty loops.

 I was supposed to do 4 laps but mum gave me one of hers and the lovely guy in charge let me have the last one of the day for free, so I had lots of fun! At the top there were very good views across to Milan’s airport (on a clear day you can see the city) and to the alps in Switzerland. In the distance we could see Jungfrauoch, which was the mountain we could see up close when we were in Switzerland.

 Tuesday 24 September

 Today we got a train called the Lake Maggiore Express. We left at 9:45am and headed for our first stop Domodossola and then changed trains to the scenic route through the Swiss Alps. When we arrived at Locarno, we got lunch. I got a burger.

We then went into a hair dressers and got a haircut. It was $60, he washed my hair twice and dried it to make it look okay (not what I was expecting)! Mum nearly had a fit because it was so expensive!! We hopped on the boat and headed home. It was an 8 hour trip all round (we left at 9:45am and got back home round about 7:30pm)!






 We had dinner in the piazza in Stresa then headed home, tired but happy.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Max you have done so many different blog posts and added so many cool pictures, that was very nice of that guy at the place.
    The pictures of the donkeys you were right that donkey did look kind of strange.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post