Tuesday 22 October 2019

Europe trip part 32

Saturday 6 October

 Today we walked along the coastline into Biarritz – on the way we watched some surfers at the beach nearest our house. The current was so strong that one guy had to give up! The views we got of Biarritz were really nice – lots of beaches and big waves.

 Once we reached the town we were hungry so we had lunch in a nice restaurant and dad and I watched Japan v Samoa. After lunch we went to the main beach called La Grand Plage and sat on the warm sand watching the surfers. After a while I started to feel ill and realised I had a temperature. We had to take a taxi home as I felt really unwell.

 I couldn’t eat dinner – it must be bad!! I was so tired and miserable I went to bed.

 Sunday 7 October
 I am burning up so I must have got a bug yesterday. We had a chill day and watched two movies – Radio and Blindside, so it was a quiet day.

It rained most of the day anyway so it didn’t matter. We did get out of the small apartment for a short walk about 5pm when the rain stopped, but I was cold, due to the fever, so we went home.

 Monday 8 October
 BLEUGH I’m still sick! I’m not happy but felt a little better in the afternoon so we drove up to famous surf spot of Hossegor and had a walk on the beach and watched surfers. It was very quiet at the beach with everything shut down at the end of the tourist season. Later we drove south of Biarritz to a lovely village called Gutheray.









It was quite hilly but it had good views of the beach where again there were many surfers bobbing about on the waves like seals, waiting for a wave. Mam and dad had a cup of tea and then we headed home for dinner. I think I might be getting a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post