Thursday 24 October 2019

Europe trip part 35

Saturday 13 October

 I am still sick but thought I could manage to cope so we headed to Portaventura in Salou for the first of our two days at the theme parks. BIG MISTAKE!! The crowds were bonkers with waits of up to 2 hours. Turns out is was a “fiesta” day in that part of Spain to celebrate the start of Halloween (they love Halloween!).

We first went to Ferrari Land but with the exception of one scary roller coaster called Red Force (the 5th highest in the world apparently), most of the rides were for little kiddies. So, we then went across to Portaventura and it was also teeming with people. We waited one hour for a ride on a river rapids boat which was pretty tame.

 I wasn’t feeling great so we headed home about 4pm but hopefully we will come back and get some express passes so we don’t have to queue so long (we are coming back on Monday). We got home and my mouth ulcers flared up again so I am not doing much eating and feel quite tired.

 Sunday 14 October
 We were thinking of going to Barcelona today but I woke up with a really sore mouth and now a badly blistered tongue. Mum did a google search and thinks it is thrush, so we went to the pharmacy in Calafell and got some medicine as the lady in the pharmacy thought it was too. Not sure when this spell of bad health is going to end! This afternoon we went to the beach at Calafell which was really nice and very quiet.

 Declan and I played football on the beach and then played in the waves for 2 hours. Salty water is supposed to be good for ulcers!! We went home tired but happy although I still couldn’t eat! Mum is getting quite worried about me. Monday 15 October I felt a little better today so we went to Portaventura again and it was so much less crowded. We went straightto the main attractions and did a rollercoaster called Shambhala twice.

 Mum and I were a bit scared the first time as it climbed up almost vertically 70 meters, then went basically vertically down as high speed. I thought I was going to fly out my seat! It was just a bit scary! Then mum, dad and I went on a roller coaster called Dragon Khan and it was so much fun. It did 2 loopty loops and 3 barrel rolls and it was my favourite.

 We got Declan to do it on the last one before the rain came and we headed home. He loved it so we did it twice! Then we did a water ride and got absolutely soaked, so we decided to do the log flume 3 times and the rapids again as we were wet anyway. After lunch dad, mum and I went on Furius Baco which went 135 kilometres an hour in 3.5 seconds.
It did a barrel roll and you were upside down for 1 second! We then went home because it started to hose down with rain. You can search Shambala, Dragan Khan, Red Force and Furius Baco on youtube – I recommend you do as they are cool to watch. I was tired by the time we got home and still couldn’t eat properly……not much fun.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post