Tuesday 22 October 2019

Europe trip part 33

Tuesday 9 October

 I’m feeling better but woke up hot again and coughing so mam and dad took me to a doctor to get me checked out. He said I had a fever but no chest infection (although it may develop) so after picking up some medication we went to San Sebastian (also known as Donostia in Basque) for a day trip It was about 45 minutes from Biarritz and across the border in the Basque country in Spain.

 We did a bus tour for an hour and visited an aquarium which had a glass pathway of a 360 degree view of lots of different fish including stingrays and sharks. The tropical fish were cool – lots of bright colours.

 After the bus tour we walked around the old town which was nice, then we walked to the main beach, Playa de la Concha and then around to Playa de Zurriola and watched surfers – the waves were very good. We had “dinner” of Pintxo – the Spanish have “snacks”, either hot or cold around 5pm along with a drink to keep them going before their proper dinner around 8 or 9pm.














 We walked down a well know street “Fermin Cabelton” just to see the huge number of platters that sit on the bar waiting for people to come in and have “pintxo”. We had a lovely day and drove home around 8.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post