Tuesday 22 October 2019

Europe trip 31

Thursday 4 October

 Today I did my blog in morning – we were a little tired from yesterday so had a chill morning. We did a boat trip in the afternoon on the Garonne river which was nice. A man called Bruno dressed up in traditional costume and did a funny commentary, teaching us a little of the history of the city and the river which was interesting, although I had more fun bouncing on a massive cushion!

 After that we went out for dinner to a Thai restaurant with Florence which was very tasty and then she gave us a ride home. We have to pack again!









 Friday 5 October

 Today we drove to Biarritz which was about 2.5 hours from Bordeaux. On the way we stopped at Dune du Pilat, a massive sand dune which is 115m high and 2.7 km wide. It is the largest in Europe. We climbed up the steps and got great views of the Atlantic Ocean and saw Spain in the distance. I ran down the dunes – it was very steep and lots of fun. We got to Biarritz at 3pm and after unpacking, went for a swim in the pool with dad after tea. He thought it was freezing but I was fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post