Tuesday 21 April 2020

Pentecost

Pentecost

W.A.L.T identify what Pentecost is.

Jesus told the disciples to wait in Jerusalem and then he went to heaven. When the disciples got to Jerusalem they heard a strong wind. Then there was fire on their heads and they were talking in different languages. The crowd was celebrating about Pentecost but they heard people talking different languages. Then Peter came out and said that Jesus was the holy spirit and came down which made them speak in different languages. He also said that Jesus was the son of God and that you should get baptised to be in their family and turn away from evil Jewish leaders. On that day 3,000 people got baptised. Jesus promised that he will always be with us.

Reflection I enjoyed the video where I got the information from. I found it hard to put the story into words to start with.

I learnt that Jesus spent 50 days with his disciples.

The video was from Sharefaith kids on youtube.

Do you know where Pentecost comes from? comment below.


1 comment:

  1. Hey Max, thank you for creating such a clear summary of the story of Pentecost. I think it was amazing that the disciples were given the ability to share the good news of Jesus in different languages. If you could, what language would you love to be able to speak fluently?

    You said that you found it hard to start writing your retelling, why was that? Did you find a way to overcome that challenge?

    Pentecost happens 50 days after Easter and I believe it is the Acts of the Apostles in the New Testament. Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post