Friday 20 November 2020

Sailing with room 1

 Yesterday room 1 went to Lake rua to try sailing. We listened to the instructor as she told us the parts of the boat. When we were finished we got the boats out of the shed, then we got the parts of the boat and made the boat.


Once we had morning tea we got changed into our togs and wet suits. After that we practised turning on land. We had to push the tiller to turn the boat then the sail would come over your head once that happens you get up and piviet quickly and then you sit down on the opposite of the boat.


Once we masterd that we walked over to a launching station and got into groups of 3. Once we did that they put a yellow can out in the water so it is a marker for us to turn around. My group was Axl Makkus and me. 


Once we launched the boats it was no turning back. I fell in 4 times but the water was not cold it was a good temperature.




No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post