Monday 11 November 2019

Summary of earthquacks

This week we are summarising Earthquakes. We had to bullet point the facts then we had to squish it together into a paragraph.


Each year there are 2 major earthquakes. There are 4 layers in the world. The crust is split into tiny little pieces. The core in the earth is 3000c. At the beginning of an earthquake there is an often loud noise like an explosion. In a matter of seconds, thousands of people can be killed. Tsunamis can occur off the coast because of an earthquake. Tsunamis can go 50 meters high and can go 750 kilometres an hour. According to ancient mythology the earth was held up by giant elephants. The Hindus believed that earthquakes occur when the elephants became tired it shook its head.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post